It is not enough only to identify the five-star districts. We also want to know how these “Smart Schools” managed to be both high performing and low spending.
Learn about the Smart Practices we have identified by reading our Smart Steps issues briefs…
- Charter Schools Well Represented Among Five-Star Schools: 2018 Update
- Mistaken Identity? Can Demographics Explain the Houston 10
- From Overhead Projectors to Smart Boards: We Need to Better Understand the Growth of Technology in Texas Schools
- What’s Not to Love about Shared Service Arrangements?
- Making the Grade: How to Better Spend on Teacher Professional Development
- Implementing HB 5: Lessons Learned for Promoting Effective and Equitable Pathways in High School Education
- Measuring Poverty, Not Progress
- We Can Do Better than A through F
- Charter Schools Well Represented Among Five-Star Schools
Learn about a student Capstone project done at the Bush School of Government and Public Service…
Learn about the Smart Practices collected by our predecessor, the Financial Allocation Study for Texas (FAST)…
One district’s success can spark another’s. Read the ideas shared by Texas school districts about:
- instruction and staffing
- financial management and technology solutions
- purchasing and student services
Watch what districts had to say about their district’s innovative approaches to leveraging financial efficiencies for strong student success.